Sunday 2 January 2022

COVID ~ Pinged and PCR Test Saga

Finally got the PCR test back 12 days after being pinged for close proximity. Bearing in mind Xmas was in the way.

Timeline ....

Tues 21st pinged on app close proximity of someone who tested positive.

Gov website says all I need to do is 5 days of LFTs no isolation.

I work in care homes, work says I need a PCR test and do LFTs every day till I get the result of PCR.
 
Trying to get a PCR test is a nightmare as although there is a selection for NHS and care workers on 1st page of the PCR ordering page, all routes lead to the answer "You don't need to do a PCR test"

Wrong... I do because NHS and care home staff do need one it says so on the Gov website.

Also, work says I can't work till I get the PCR test result

Anyway, long story short finally managed to get around the system and order the PCR test.

Sent PCR test back the next day on 24th, got it on 23rd but didn't arrive till late in the afternoon so missed all post.

Got a negative email back at 04:05 this morning 02/01/22

The test was done on 29th Dec (I can see from the email)

That's 12 days after being pinged

Which would appear to be a pretty pointless exercise.

LFTs I believe are pretty accurate if they give you a positive there is a high chance it's correct.

LFTs I believe are not so accurate on false negatives so you might get a series of negatives but you actually have it and do not have symptoms.

If the latter then for 12 days I could have been spreading it around

By the time I got the PCR test back, I was out of the isolation period anyway.

We've all got to catch this and all varients albeit in a controlled way.

Keep calm and carry on

No comments:

Post a Comment